Skip to content
How to prepare files?
- All printing materials should be provided as PDF files. Separate files for the middle, cover and finishing.
- all fonts in the work should be nested/embedded in the file
- when saving to PDF, all layers should be flattened
- the net format (target size of the work) should be increased by the occurring bleeds
- PDF files prepared for printing should be without the attached ICC profile
- the colour space suitable for printing is CMYK + special colours Pantone ( if any )
- do not use overprints in printing files for white objects
- Colours for reprinting or printing resumptions may slightly differ from those of the original printing or done with a different technology. In order to minimize this difference, it is necessary to provide the previous print as a pattern.
Bleed in PDF file
- All elements that reach the crop mark should be increased by bleeds. The size of the bleeds should be min. 3 mm
- All important elements should be at least 5 mm from the crop mark.
- All pictures and graphics in the files should be prepared with a minimum resolution of 200 dpi.
- The minimum line thickness at 100% color coverage is 0.4 pts i.e. about 0.14 mm. The minimum thickness of grey lines is 0.7 pts i.e. about 0.25 mm.
Cover and veneer
- the PDF file for the cover/ sticker printing should be prepared as a separate PDF file, independent from the middle file
- minimum size of the printed spine (i.e. logos and texts) is 6 mm
- The elements on the book spine should be at least 1.5 mm from the edge of the spine.
Finishing ( Hot stamping, UV varnish, embossing )
- The file to be finished must be made on the same layout as the file on which the finishing is to be applied.
- The mask for UV varnish should be prepared in a separate PDF file as 100% black
- The mask for hot stamping (foil stamping) should be prepared in a separate PDF file as 100% black.
- Elements embossed with foil must not be smaller than 0.5 mm and must be located at a distance of less than 0.2 mm from each other.
- The embossing mask should be prepared in a separate PDF file as 100% black.
- Embossed elements must not be smaller than 0.5 mm and must be located at a distance of less than 0.2 mm from each other.